Thursday, October 23, 2008

Poor service at Potbelly

Family and I decided to try the new Potbelly that opened up in our area a few weeks ago. When we got there, the server didn’t glance up or even acknowledge us. After waiting a while, we decided to move down the line thinking another employee would help us, but the sandwich maker told us to move back to order. Before we could get back to where we originally waited, which was only about 8 feet away, the server had taken orders from 2 customers who were behind us in a blink of an eye!

Needless to say, I was disappointed with the service. After asking the sandwich maker if they had a card so I could leave negative feedback, the manager came over to ask what was wrong. After explaining the situation, she didn’t charge us anything for the food to our surprise.

Over the years, I’ve developed a track record for leaving negative feedback due to poor service. So far, I’ve left negative feedback at Supercuts, Lowe’s, Blockbuster, and at a theater. I don’t know what it is, but sometimes I wonder if it’s because I’m jinxed, and other times I wonder if it’s because of discrimination.

1 comment:

Michelle Louie said...

haha. u are like me.... i tend to leave a "comment" on the bottom of my dinner receipt too if i received bad or no service. i like to tell them exactly why i am tipping so low/little. =P

i guess b/c our work is so customer-service oriented, i just expect the same when i am on the other end.