Thursday, September 25, 2008

A Day in my Life of Fatherhood

Being a dad has brought me great joy, but it isn’t without its challenges. There is no one correct way to raise a child. Instead, everyone has their own unique style and methods. In the following video, you’ll see Valerie struggling and crying from trying to take her shirt off. Any good parent will help their child in need or trouble, but in this case, what do I do if Val doesn’t want my help? I apologize in advance if the video appears cruel but Val is quite independent, and pretty stubborn.



Drawing from what I know and my own childhood experiences, I feel having balance is very important in a child’s life. Sometimes, it’s just not that simple as you’ll see in this next video where Val and I are at odds in finding a balance between spoiling her with everything and depriving her of everything.



Haha, you may have noticed from the videos that my daughter likes to be naked. I just hope it’s a phase and not a sign of anything bad in the future…

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Val is quite ferocious:-Yee Yee

Michelle Louie said...

"Different strokes for different folks" --- I agree, every child is different. We are probably not going to raise our 2nd child the same way we raised our 1st. They all got their own personalities. No matter how many parenting books we read --- the best advice is probably our own instinct.

Sherry said...

Hey Michelle,
you see what I mean, girl is not easier to raise. Val is not a easy baby from day 1. She was colicky as a baby, picky eater, anti-stroller till recently. Haha, just name a few. Being good parents is the hardest job and the most rewarding:)

Anonymous said...

Good sets of lungs, just like Samantha. LOL